Do you know of potential HazMats such as asbestos, lead, mould etc. in your workplace or building? By law, if you have potential hazardous materials in your workplace, and require some kind of modification (e.g. renovation, demolition), then they must be identified and reported by a “Qualified Person.”
OHS Global can assist with you or your representatives with effectively identifying various HazMats, assessing the risk and potential impacts to adjacent workers/occupants, and design practical strategies to safely mitigate those risks to eliminate undue exposures.
Our qualified, designated and expert professionals, who are all Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Certified Building Inspectors, have performed hundreds of detailed and quality surveys and assessments for a variety of clients in different industry sectors. We offer A to Z services, from conducting comprehensive HazMat surveys to managing abatement contractors who are retained to remove these materials from your workplace. Our solutions include:
- HazMat surveys/assessments, for such materials as:
- Biohazards (animal-related, needles/sharps)
- Chemical hazards/agents
- Crystalline silica
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
- Halocarbons (ozone-depleting substances)
- Radioactive smoke detectors etc.
- Preparation of legally-required risk assessments
- Abatement contractor work scope/specification design
- Site inspections and “air quality” monitoring during abatement projects
- Abatement contractor project coordination/management
- Design of HazMat-related documents (e.g. Exposure Control Plans, Safe Work Procedures, etc.)
- Worker education/training